Okay so, if you know me, you know I love anything extra girl, super glam, and have never shied away from a sequin, glitter, or anything extra.
However, my mom is always reminding me that I also probably should have been a Gemini because there are two very opposing people living inside this body.
While I will always be #ProGlam (shout out to the most recent season of The Bach) I also am magnetically drawn to something a little more edgy, a little more ghetto-fab and a letter more bad-ass…which is why bringing back the grungy vibe of the 90s is right up my alley.
- ATHLEISURE – The fact that matching velour sweatsuits and striped track pants are filling my fashion feed warms my heart like you wouldnt believe. Jeans are great and all, but a white bodysuit and these velvet striped joggers? WITH CONVERSE? Just bury me in this, okay? I actually am so obsessed with this trend I have a full post planned for it, so stay tuned.
- PLAID, SNAKESKIN AND CRUSHED VELVET -The dress I’m wearing in these photos is sold out – but this one from Missguided is just as good. Pair it with a dark lip and you are 90’s perfection.
- SLIP DRESSES – This slip dress from Aritzia is my absolutely favourite. Annnnd it’s on sale for only $39.99. I wear it by itself, I wear it with a t-shirt underneath, or I wear it as a tan top, tucked in to a skirt, pants or shorts. It is SO versatile, and always gives me Cher Horowitz “Clueless” vibes… which you know I am all about.
- OVERALLS – Distressed denim overalls for under $50? Um, yes please. These are such a fun way to rock a casual look and give your jean looks a makeover.
- PLATFORM SHOES- The white platforms are my new Converse – AKA, they can be worn with anything.
The best thing about this trend is that it is such a fun way to add a little edge to casual looks. As much as I love dressing up, I love being comfy just as much… and all these looks have comfort written all over them.
Oh and one last thing? The lip is in this look is MAC Diva lipstick and MAC Burgundy lip liner, which can be purchased at a set for just $32. It never matters what I end up throwing on… adding this lip duo always makes me feel pulled together.