One of the best things about summer, in my opinion, is how easy it is to look cute. Jean shorts and a cute top, a maxi, a romper, so many pieces are at your fingertips to look adorable AF without much thought. However, whenever I go new-season shopping, I always find myself so enthralled by all the fun, pretty new things that I get caught up and never end up leaving with the pieces I need – and will undoubtedly wear – most. After many wasted dollars and more than a few lost afternoons, I finally figured out that like anything in life, your seasonal wardrobe purchases needed to be properly planned. Now, I tackle the mall (or online store) with a list of items I know I will wear time and time again… and if there’s anything left in my budget, that’s when I’ll buy that ivory silk jumpsuit that is sooo pretty (but will likely only be worn once).
If your budget is limited, and you cant afford to get a ton of new stuff for this summer season, get the most bang for your buck by buying things you know you can wear multiple times.
5 Things for your Summer Street Style
- DENIM JACKET – This jacket, from Missguided.com, will add edge to every outfit.
- SLIP DRESS – Slip dresses have been one of my obsessions for the last year, and Aritzia still has a few of these metallic ones left in stock, for only $25! Wear it as a dress for a night out, throw a t-shirt under it for a casual day look, or tuck it into a fun summer skirt…. the options are endless and you won’t regret this purchase. I’m wear the leather version of the Brouee dress in this look!
- CUTE N COMFY SNEAKERS – These are my #1 worn shoes. I have replaced them at least 5 times, because I don them so often that I literally wear them right out. Jeans, skirts, dresses… they go with everything!
- BLACK CROSSBODY BAG – If you don’t have a black crossbody, you need one. And contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to spend a zillion dollars on one. I have this one from SheIn, and am have been asked numerous times “Omg, is your bag Gucci?”. No… it’s not, and it was actually only $25 dollars.
- FAB SUNNIES – Whether you save or splurge on your sunnies, you’re going to need to get some new ones for summer. I am loving these black aviators, complete with gold hardware.