You know those days when it is too warm to wear your Canada Goose jacket, but not yet warm enough to let your outfit shine solo? Ya, living in Calgary, I don’t either just yet. However, despite the exceptionally brutal winter we have had, we should take solace and comfort in the knowledge that spring is just around the corner. Soon enough, we will be able to stop hiding our cute outfits behind giant jackets, scarves and toques, and let our styling shine, incorporating cute coats of all kinds.
Below are my favourite trends to take you from Winter to Spring in style (and at the perfect temperature)!
5 Spring Transition Trends
- Bomber jackets – Who else is obsessed with this 90’s revival trend?! I cant get enough of it! – This satin option from Aritizia ($175), comes in 4 colours and is seriously beautiful, and I always feel like a badass when I wear it.
- Waistcoats – This is the waistcoat I’m wearing in the photos, and it’s only $27! From my current favourite website, Shein.com. I threw it on over a super comfy T-shirt dress to add a little extra to an otherwise simple look.
- Sequin jackets – I have been tempted to try Boohoo for quite some time, and this sequin jacket sealed the deal. I am foaming at the mouth at the thought of pairing it with a plain T-shirt and jeans, and it would look killer with a simple slip dress as well. Only $57!
- Oversized blazers – menswear –This oversized menswear-style blazer is one of my fave pieces. The large fit adds an edgy vibe, and like the sequin jacket from Boohoo, it can be easily dress up or down. On sale at Tobi.com for $51.
- Coloured dusters – WHY AM I SO OBSESSED WITH DUSTERS LATELY? This blush-coloured one from Forever 21 caught my eye because of the pleated detail at the back… DYING! I love dusters because they seem to go with anything, whether it be a casual sweater and leggings, or thrown over a chic dress for a night out. Because I got it in a colour that I don’t wear a lot, I didn’t want to spend too much… $49.90 from Forever 21 worked for me!